<$BlogRSDURL$>

6/26/2005

Worth your hard-earned catfish:


Silversun Pickups' Pikul EP

I've heard about this band many times from Ashod, but never actually heard them until I got a promo of the EP in the mail. Their dreamy dirges are now stuck in my head and I can't wait to see them live to prove to myself that the singer is in fact male.

mp3: Silversun Pickups "Kissing Families"

---

I've refrained from commenting on this week's "Blow Out" episode, mainly because it lacked a jaw-dropping appearance from Scott. This week the stylists went to NYC, they curled, they overslept, they complained. The editors hinted at a B Michael fashion show catastrophe (Will the stylists be late? Will Jonathan only get through half his finger curls before curtain call?), but then everything went off without a hitch. Sigh. Bring back the "Apprentice"-esque business drama! It's exciting to see from your comments that I'm not the only person fascinated by the puffed up ego-fest that is Jonathan vs. Scott.

Trailers from next week's episode promise more hijinks punctuated by a furious Scott-induced door-punch by Jonathan. Can't. Wait.

---

I've yet to tackle the phenomenon of podcasting, but I have downloaded Odeo's Syncr tool and will test it out this week.

---

Mel and I went to SFist Sarah's house party last night, and lots of blog talk ensued with Jackson (whom Isaac recently christened "Jackson Social Club"). Mel and I had been discussing our strangely genetic Texas pride, but after all the writing and blogging talk with Jax, I started to feel some San Francisco pride for the first time. This is a city of ideas and of phenomenally creative people, and I'm extremely excited to be a part of some of SF's coolest offerings. I'm having my own little version of Pride Week.

---

The 15 Minute Hipster, in defense of "X is the new Y." Thanks Hipster!

---

Lastly, check out my new friend Tim's blog postpunkdiary. Meditations and musings on music. He's speakin' my language.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?