<$BlogRSDURL$>

5/13/2005

On Wednesday night I met up with Daria of DKiss Designs at Project Sunshine West's kickoff party at Bambuddha Lounge. (Project Sunshine is a non-profit organization that provides free services to children who are hospitalized for AIDS, cancer, and other life threatening illnesses.) Daria and I were among several local designers who donated to the silent auction, and they invited us to attend the event.

We didn't know what to expect, but it turned out to be a really fun evening with great food and entertainment and interesting people, for a wonderful cause. Highlights were a performance by dholrhythms students (sign me up!), the vegetarian noodles from Asia SF, and meeting Alex Blagg in person after knowing him through SFist. Visit the BlaggBlogg for some truly twisted comedy. SF Weekly's readers voted him Best Comedian and Best Blogger. Nice work Blagg!

After the benefit, I was abducted by a crazy Scot (is that redundant?) and ended up dancing with strangers at the Starlight Room. Can't say that it was my kind of crowd, but I did feel like I was checking out a local landmark. Nice view there.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?