<$BlogRSDURL$>

4/30/2005

Worthy of our obsession: Okkervil River's Black Sheep Boy.


Listen here. Better yet, buy here.

This album speaks to your inner Jeff Mangum. Literate, passionate, folk-rock-art. (Dave, you'll love this.)


Some lyrics from "So Come Back, I Am Waiting":
A black sheep boy dissolves in hot cream, in sweet moans, in each dead bed and empty home, in each seething bacterium. Killing softly and serial, he lifts his head, handsome, horned, magisterial. He's the smell of the moonlight wisteria. He’s the thrill of the abecedarian. (See the muddy hoofprints where he carried you?) ... So come back to your life on the lam. So come back to your old black sheep man. He says “I am waiting on hoof and on hand. I am waiting, all hated and damned. I am waiting - I snort and I stamp. I am waiting, you know that I am, calmly waiting to make you my lamb.”
Notable tour stops:
05/01 Dallas, TX - Gypsy Tea Room
05/06 New York, NY - Bowery Ballroom
05/20 San Francisco, CA - Slim's
05/21 Los Angeles, CA - Troubadour

~~~

Today's quote:

"Do not hurry; do not rest."
-- Goethe


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?