<$BlogRSDURL$>

3/03/2005

Odds & Sods

How come I had to hear about Daniel Johns' new band via Anna Nicole Smith's latest shameful exploit? Listen to the The Disassociatives here.

Now that "Project Runway" has run its course, what shall we do with our Wednesday evenings? Watch the latest installment of "America's Next Top Model," obviously.

I'm listening to the Stars album Set Yourself On Fire for the first time and I'm totally digging it. I think I need to send a love letter to Arts & Crafts.

Very excited about the CocoRosie and Antony and the Johnsons show on Friday. I wrote about them in my latest installment of "When The Lights Go Down In The City."

In book news, I regrettably lost my copy of Birth of Venus somewhere during my trip to LA to interview for Fontana. I was 300 pages into the brilliant novel, and now I'm either going to have to buy it again for the last 80 pages, or spend an afternoon in the book store to finish it because I'd rather spend $15 on a new book. Like Emma Forrest's latest that I just bought, Cherries in the Snow. I hope I'll enjoy it as much as I did Namedropper, her first novel. She describes herself as a female Nick Hornby, which I'm not sure I agree with, but what I wouldn't give to write like a female Nick Hornby myself.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?