<$BlogRSDURL$>

2/11/2005

The news today is good:

The days surrounding my birthday are getting better and better. In addition to being able to see the Constantines live for the first time, I will also be able to get Spoon's new record Gimme Fiction on May 10th. According to their website, it's the longest Spoon record to date.

AND -- Feist is coming to San Francisco on March 26th! Joy!

It's like all my musical wishes are being granted. Gotta run, Lindsay Buckingham's here to start pre-production on my solo record.

...

Wait, I'm back, because Conor has crossed the line. Sef just sent me the link to this news item:
Hey, do you live in Texas? Were you at the Bright Eyes show in Fort Worth on Monday? If you weren't, then you were probably busy lassoing steers and forcing yourself upon Native Americans — at least according to Bright Eyes frontman Conor Oberst, you were. According to a review of Bright Eyes' show at the Ridglea Theater in The Dallas Morning News, Oberst "drained another bottle of beer" and then began bashing the Lone Star State before a shocked audience. "I don't know about you, but I hate your f---ing state," Oberst announced. "I'd put a f---ing gun to my head before I'd live in your state." Later on in the show, he continued the verbal assault, noting that "if you came to this show tonight, you're not a normal Texan. If you were a normal Texan, you'd probably be roping steers and ..." Well, we'd rather not even reprint the rest.
Conor has severely underestimated the Texas pride that flows in even the most liberal of Texans. That's it -- it's Austin vs. Omaha in a grudge match. I'll take Britt Daniel over Conor any day.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?