<$BlogRSDURL$>

12/05/2004

It's freezing in my apartment. Mind you it's San Francisco-freezing, not Anchorage-freezing, but still. I have Texas-blood in my veins, I can't take the cold. I think it's warmer outside.

Here's a quandary, how to compile a Top Ten Records of 2004 list when this was the year I had the least disposable income to actually buy records. So many records I meant to check out but haven't yet. Here's my first stab at a list, not a final draft, in no particular order:

Joanna Newsom The Milk-Eyed Mender
PJ Harvey Uh Huh Her
The Arcade Fire Funeral (I don't even own this yet -- but I have downloaded about 7 mp3s from various bloggers. I promise to buy it soon.)
John Vanderslice Cellar Door
Now It's Overhead Fall Back Open
TV on the Radio Desperate Youth, Blood Thirsty Babes
Iron and Wine Our Endless Numbered Days
The Finn Brothers Everyone Is Here
Jolie Holland escondida
The Constantines (Do re-releases count? If not, then replace with Tilly
and The Wall
Wild Like Children)

If it weren't for the impressive selection on Real Rhapsody, I'd be completely out of the loop. I'm listening to South San Gabriel's Welcome Convalesence on Rhapsody right now, which is top-tenworthy (but released in 2003). I also promise to buy it soon. Click here for mp3s. Maybe Santa will bring me a gift certificate to Amoeba.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?