<$BlogRSDURL$>

10/23/2004

Did Duff McKagan make a deal with the devil? I remember what Duff looked like back in my grade school Gn'R worshipping days -- he was puffy, pasty, and as incoherent as Bill the Cat. But now, nearly 20 years later, somehow he's magically hot.

<-- then and now -->


For some reason I always get nervous before I have shows, and having two this weekend is making me twice as nervous. Listening to Ted Leo's new album Shake the Sheets on Rhapsody is making me feel a little better. The song "Shake the Sheets" could have been a Phil Collins hit in the '80s, no? I mean that in the best possible way.


My friend Justin linked to this Seventeenth Century Nun's Prayer on his blog -- I clicked through to read it because he never struck me as a religious chap. It's not your typical prayer, it's actually kind of funny. Here's a good excerpt:
"Keep me from the fatal habit of thinking I must say something on every subject and on every occasion.... With my vast store of wisdom, it seems a pity not to use it all, but You know, Lord, I want a few friends at the end."
Amen to that.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?