<$BlogRSDURL$>

9/16/2004

I'm enthralled by this young lad's voice. Watch an archived performance by The Delays on KCRW's "Morning Becomes Eclectic". (Real Player needed)


Ashod's latest Live Journal entry cracks me up, so I'm going to reprint it here:
"quick! name a color you've never seen before... [Sep. 15th, 2004]
neon brown
off orange
strangleberry
sergio gravy
light black
inner instinct
shredded yellow
toppy
burnt travis
fabled grape
onion
aqua saltine
sparkletan
transparent paris
hurt
sky beige
hepititus pink"


Pink Spike makes good t-shirts.


A short article in Discover magazine reports that researchers are looking for a scientific explanation for emotions, as a secondary sensory response.
"Hugo Critchley of University College London looked for signs that emotional awareness is tied to heartbeat perception in the brain. If physical reactions trigger emotion, he reasoned, people who are highly attuned to bodily processes ['viscerally aware'] should also be unusually sensitive."
I love this. "I'm not oversensitive, I'm just viscerally aware" is the new "I'm not fat, I'm just big-boned."

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?